Course Number: R4DP6 - WSR 88D Dual POL Maintenance
Type of Course: Residence (6 working days)
Upon successful completion of the WSR-88D system maintenance course,
students will have acquired the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary
to perform (with limited supervision) the following tasks:
- Describe calibration signals, their paths and how they affect system calibration.
- Describe the additional system interconnections and verify connectivity.
- Identify prerequisite calibration requirements to ensure their system is ready to receive the Dual Polarization upgrade.
- Calibrate the Dual Polarization components IAW the Engineering Handbook (EHB).
- Isolate malfunctions in the RDA to the Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) according to the Maintenance Philosophy.
The Dual Polarization Delta Course covers the new equipment installed in the RDA for the upgrade.
Theory of the RF Pallet, Antenna Mounted Equipment (AME) and misc. equipment will be covered.
We will also include the calibration of the entire system and troubleshooting using the flow charts and system diagrams.
- Graduated the WSR-88D Course
Suggested Review: Basic radar fundamentals, calculating peak power, and using db's, dbm's, and watts.
Materials: All materials are provided. All written material, note pads, and a calculator is provided. You may bring your own calculator provided it supports log functions