Course: B2701 - NWR TRANSMITTER - CEC
Type of Course: In residence for 4.0 days at the NWSTC
Audience: ESAs, ETs, and NWR contractors
Prerequisites: CLC Online Course: NWR Introductory Course
The course consists of the theory of operation, maintenance procedures, and
practical application of diagnostic techniques of the CEC Weather Radio transmitters. Use of the ROAMS
(Remote Off Air Monitoring System), and the CEC interface software is covered.
The NWR training employs multiple training delivery methods for cost efficient and effective learning.
This training consists of three principal venues:
- Student self-study:
- CLC Online Course: NWR Introductory Course.
- NWSTC Residence Course: Students will travel to NWSTC for hands-on training in the NWR Lab.
Course Objective: Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and
skills required to maintain the CEC Weather Radio transmitter at established National Weather Service
- System manual layout and content
- System overview
- Installation requirements
- ROAMS Operation
- Theory of operation
- Maintenance and adjustments - including PMs in the Maintenance Schedule and sending/receiving tones remotely from BMH
- Removal and replacement procedures
- Test equipment setup and connections
- Alignments and adjustments
Testing: There is a written test for this course.
Materials: All course materials are provided.